- 400g Minced Beef
- 400g Tin Tomatoes, Chopped
- 400g Dried Spaghetti
- 1 Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon of Basil
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of Rapeseed Oil
- Dried Parmesan
- Add 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil to a large saucepan and place over a medium/high heat.
- Peel and chop 1 onion and 3 cloves of garlic up into small pieces and add to the saucepan. Add a pinch of salt to the ingredients and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Break up 400g of minced beef and add to the saucepan.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper to the mincemeat. Cook until the minced beef is brown.
- Pour 400g of tinned chopped tomatoes into the saucepan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oregano and 1 tablespoon of basil to the ingredients and stir well.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce is thick and rich, for approximately 20 minutes.
- Fill a large saucepan with fresh cold water and add a pinch of salt.
- Break 400g of dried spaghetti in half and place the pasta in the saucepan of water. Place the saucepan over a medium heat and cook for 12-15 minutes, or according to the packet instructions.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked through, drain the pasta and add to the saucepan of bolognese sauce. Mix well.
- Sprinkle dried parmesan on top of the spaghetti bolognese.
Garnish the spaghetti with some fresh basil leaves. Serve the spaghetti with a side of salad and some garlic bread.